Booky! - Remote Bookmark Manager
- Fixed a bug where single quotes would break booky functionality. Now single
quotes are stripped from your ID. Sorry single quote people, if this affects you, e-mail me (devnull _A_T_ cimmerii.org)
- I have added some new features and IE7 will work better now. The sad part
is that both IE7 and Firefox 2 think they're big on security when it's
actually stupidity. So a window which you opened, which has code to close
only itself is considered insecure, whereas changing the page to anything the
script wants is allowed. Then if you click on a link which creates a popup,
guess what, you're not trusted to know what you're doing. A popup window,
which you call, is considered insecure.
Congratulations! You don't have anything setup right now (keep reading in
case you do). In time this will become password / cookie protected, but
until then enjoy the fun you can have without worrying about bookmarking
at one place and not another.
Your bookmarks will always be available (so long as this site is running).
Now keep in mind that anyone can add or view your bookmarks if they have your
ID. As such, choose something unique and by this, I don't mean normal.
Something along the lines of: "The Blue Man Group married Witches and their
offspring had too much light and made the babies go blind".
Whenever you're at a new browser, simply visit this page and you can get
your friendly toolbar links again.
A few safety notes, don't bookmark a URL with your username or password in
it. Maybe username is fine, but definitely not a password. Some sites do
forward based authentication which is fine but if they have a complete
checksum to work with, for certain algorithms, they can find a collision.
If this is a bit much, just make sure a URL doesn't have your password in
it or any password arguments (i.e. &password or ?password).
Now, on with the show!
- Fill in a unique ID
- Click Submit
- Drag and drop the two links to your bookmarks toolbar
Internet Explorer 7 Installation (Note: Shortcut is synonymous with Bookmark):
- Hold down, "ALT + V", go to Toolbars and make sure "Links" is checked.
- Create a shortcut from any page and add it to your "Links toolbar". - This is just a placeholder that we will modify later
- Back on this page.. Fill in a unique ID
- Click Submit
- Drag and drop the "Booky View!" link to your "Links" toolbar
- Right-click and "Copy Shortcut" for "Booky Book'Em"
- Right-click and click "Properties" for the placeholder shortcut in your "Links" toolbar
- For the "URL" field within the "Web Document" tab, paste in the shortcut you copied for "Booky Book'Em" (i.e. CTRL + V)
- In the General Tab, there is one text field which is basically the name, type in "Booky Book'Em" and click "OK".
PS3 (Sony PlayStation 3 Browser) Installation (*coming soon*)
This is using MD5 so there are collisions but still, choose something
weird that you will remember but not a password, something like, "Mary
had lamb at Reza's" will work.
- Find a page you want to bookmark.
- Click on Booky Book'em
- To see all the Booky bookmarks you've made, click on the "View Booky!" link.